Saturday, May 22, 2010

Lucky Lattes

Getting to work is almost always a stressful experience for me. I like mornings, but from the moment I get up, I'm fixated on time and time per task. Doing dishes reduces hairdrying to 5 minutes, taking the trash out means a trip back for hand washing - another 5 minutes, etc.

I love it when there is an extra 15 minutes to make coffee. I use a French press with 8 O'Clock Coffee and a spoonful of cocoa powder, stir in boiled water that has cooled for about 2-3 minutes, steep 4 minutes, then pour. If you decide to try it, don't let the price fool you: 8 O'Clock Coffee is not very expensive, you can get it at most grocery stores, and it's just plain good. 

Sometimes you really get more value at a lower price point, and that's a nice thing. Hmmm... I wonder if that counts as a Purple Cow...

Anyway, the other morning I was so pleased to get everything together and not feel over rushed. I took out the last bit of trash, made my lattes, cleaned up, packed up the brownies I'd made for the office potluck, and got moving nice an early – on a Monday! As I carefully placed the brownies on the passenger's seat, I got that little feeling that I was forgetting something. I've learned to pay attention (apparently not enough) to that little discomfort and stop to double checking. Hmmm. Well, whatever it was, I concluded it wasn't significant enough to spend more time on, so I went on my merry way.
About ½ mile down the road, I heard a cathunk! on the roof of my car. 

What the heck? I LOVE my car, and I was imagining something denting the roof, had a momentary fear that I hit a tree limb… and then I thought, OH....
I pulled over and got out. Sure enough: highly significant forgotten items! There were my two very important homemade lattes in their lidded mugs on the roof right where I had put them while packing up the car. One mug had tipped over, and the other was upright, still holding the fort. Both were still full. I grinned, plucked them off the roof, put them carefully in their proper holders, and drove off with a smile. What a lucky day!
 
Good luck must surely be in the air, so I hope you are able to reach out and pluck it!

Be happy,

Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts? Ideas? What makes you happy?